Robert Half is currently seeking an exceptional Payroll Administrator with a robust background in year-end payroll reporting and annual filings. The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience in completing T4s, R-1 forms, and annual Worker Compensation reporting for all provinces. If you have a proven track record in these areas, along with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and proficiency in Microsoft Office software, we want to hear from you!Key Responsibilities
- Respond promptly to inquiries and requests regarding payroll information.
- Reconcile employee deductions and other liabilities as required.
- Prepare comprehensive reports summarizing earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies through diligent information collection and analysis.
- Compile and distribute relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports for department heads.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Review source documents with meticulous attention to detail and verification.
- Maintain payroll operations according to established policies and procedures, recommending changes where necessary.
- Accurately document all payroll liabilities, including employee federal and state income taxes, social security contributions, and employer social security, unemployment, and worker compensation payments.
- Assist with both internal and external audits related to payroll activities.
- Uphold employee confidence by safeguarding payroll operations and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Manage payroll data effectively by collecting, calculating, and accurately entering relevant information.
- Track changes to payroll records, including updates in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and department/division transfers
- Prior experience in completing year-end payroll reporting and annual filings, including T4s.
- Familiarity with UKG Pro software preferred.
- Preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to manage high-volume multi-state payroll, billing, licensing, and accounts payable.
- Capacity to retain complex work directions and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- : Ability to process bi-weekly payroll cycles efficiently.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is an asset.
- Minimum of three years of relevant payroll experience.
- Understanding of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements.
- Previous experience with different accounting software systems desired.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2024 Robert Half. By clicking “Apply Now,” you’re agreeing to