Cedar Fair is seeking an Accountant I – Revenue / Accounts Receivable (AR). This role will be part of a team responsible for ensuring all functions of Revenue and AR are completed timely, consistently, and accurately.
This full‐time position will report directly to the Manager or Supervisor responsible for their primary role. This associate will become an integral component of the Shared Accounting Services environment.
Cedar Fair, a leader in the amusement park and hospitality business, offers challenging and rewarding career opportunities. Joining our Shared Accounting Services (SAS) team not only offers the unique opportunity to become part of a well‐respected, financially stable entertainment industry leader with a 150‐year heritage of creating lifelong memories, but also presents you with a chance to advance your career in the exciting consumer services sector! Cedar Fair offers competitive compensation packages that include bonus programs and comprehensive benefit plans with healthcare/dental/vision, paid vacation/sick time, paid holidays, 401k program, and complimentary season passes to create your own memories at all parks owned and operated by Cedar Fair.
Expected daily duties (including weekends and select holidays) to be completed in a timely manner:
- Import sales/receipt figures into our Till Management System (TMS) to compile an over/short report to be used to research theft/training issues.
- Receive, reconcile, and enter all non‐system related revenues and receipts including lockers, intercard, photo booths, waterblasters, haystack dryers, etc.
- Receive, review, and book all picnic revenue into TMS.
- Import this same information into our Daily Operational Reporting System (DORS) to report and provide operational metrics to the management team via email each day.
- Enter key information into the DORS system.
- Reconcile daily credit card activity per systems to the reporting provided by Treasury team.
- Review Sales Tax percentage by location to isolate and fix possible system setup issues.
- Complete the weekly concessionaire payback workbook.
- Participate in the reconciliation of all assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Work with the supervisor in developing consistent and efficient procedures.
- Perform the upload of data into the AR system and reconcile the information on a daily/weekly basis.
- Run system‐generated invoices and create necessary manual invoices on demand as needed. Disburse invoices via both mail and email.
- Work as the lead in collection of payments and collaborate with Group Sales in times of delinquencies.
- Receive payment by both check and electronic payment (ACH/credit card) and apply the payments to the appropriate customer.
- Remote deposit all checks received. Create & properly code a journal entry to post to the general ledger.
- Return tickets in the system to appropriately apply credit to the correct customer.
- Collect and track all Group Sales deposits for events into a holding account and apply payment after the event has occurred.
- Balance the AR aging report to the AR Trade GL account weekly.
- Enter any approved write‐offs or adjustments to each customer account.
- Create reports used to track events and due dates of invoices.
- Responsibilities may occasionally require an adjusted work schedule to meet certain deadlines. This may include mandatory overtime and/or evening/weekend hours except where prohibited by law.
- Adhere to and enforce all Cedar Fair policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and will demonstrate commitment to Cedar Fair core values and Cedar Fair cornerstones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited four‐year college or university and/or a minimum of four years combined accounting and/or industry related experience.
- Understanding of dependent upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Revenue Accounting and Accounts Receivable.
- Experience with Hyperion, JD Edwards are strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook (MicroSoft Suite) and pdf (Adobe Acrobat).
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills and able to work effectively, independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Excellent problem‐solving skills, analytical skills, and time management skills.
- Confidence to ask questions and get clarification, display a positive attitude, and have a strong work ethic.
- Highly organized and detail‐oriented with the capability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment.
- Dependable, honest and exhibits integrity.
Must be able to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test and background check, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy.